Friday, January 16, 2009

Happy Birthday EJK Family Blog!

It has been one year since the EJK Family Blog was started! Maybe Uncle Perry won't object to my sneaking in a snapshot of his birthday last fall as representative of the birthday of this blog. I'll put the picture of Grandma and Grandpa Klopfenstein back up at the top again soon, but this is a celebration that calls for some temporary changes.

It's been quite a ride. For those who like statistics, there have been 513 posts over the past year, which averages out to 1.4 posts per day. 28 family members have joined; most have posted at least once and many are regulars. Edit to answer Cleve's question: There have been 15,644 total hits as of this entry, and right now we're averaging 58 hits per day. Not bad.

We've gotten introduced to new babies and re-introduced to family history. The pictures, both current and from files, have sparked much discussion and brought back a ton of memories. (Thanks especially to Dad and to Cleve for posting most of the historical pictures.)
-------------------------------------------

The most commented posts:
10/6 - Dedicated to Catherine Klopfenstein, posted by Cleve, 10 comments,
10/9 - Updates, posted by Mary M., 10 comments,
1/10/09 - College Graduate , posted by Cathy, 10 comments,
9/11 - Lipstick on a Pig, posted by Drake, 14 comments,

and the two most commented posts of the year were

9/23 - Grandma in the Peoria Home, posted by Ann, and
8/31 - Unknown Jobs, posted by Eric, each with 16 comments.
-------------------------------------------------

And now, for some AWARDS. You can't have a momentous occasion without awards! If I left you out, please don't be unhappy, and if you don't like these choices, you can have a word with me. But I think you'll agree. . .

NICEST POST OF THE YEAR: Dedicated to Catherine Klopfenstein, posted by Cleve on 10/6/08.

MOST TOUCHING POST: 2008 Slide Show, posted by Shelley, 1/9/09. (2nd place to Serenading Baby Julia, posted by Carol on 12/5/08.)

MOST CREATIVE TOPIC STARTER: Who else but Judy!

MOST PROLIFIC POSTER: Ada! Thanks for all the updates!!!

and, by far the BEST QUOTE OF THE YEAR can be attributed to somebody who's not technically even registered on the blog (though her dad is): It was posted on May 15, 2008, and is credited to Grace Christensen, who made the statement,

"So on the Blog there's somebody named Judy Nog Blog?"

That is a moment to be remembered in Klopfenstein history!
------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to all who have contributed and kept this going. I look forward to another enjoyable year of checking in with the Klopfensteins on this blog.

7 comments:

Ada said...

Well, Happy Birthday Klops! We really enjoy the blog and just wish there were even more posts. It is a great way to keep in touch with those we don't get to see very often.

You made good selections for the awards. Thanks for your hard work, Ann.

Anonymous said...

Best Blog Administrator in America: Ann B.

Thanks for all the interestig stats. How many hits were there?

to all Klops: keep up the posts -- they are all interesting.

Cleve

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Ann, for making the blog possible! I enjoyed your awards.

Anonymous said...

Ann, this year's finale is the Blog of Blogs. I thoroughly enjoyed it and went back and reread many comments that I apparently totally missed before.
Thanks, Ann, for a job well done.
Your mother

Anonymous said...

Good job, Ann. Thanks for all your hard work. Everyday we look forward to seeing a new one appear. They are all very interesting - whether long or short.

Keep up the good work everyone!!

Shelley S said...

Loved the statistics! Thanks, Ann for putting this blog together in the first place. I have enjoyed keeping up on relatives that I otherwise would not have regular contact with.

Thanks for the award too! It's an honor just to be nominated. But since I won here is my acceptance speech: I'd like to thank my Mom for encouraging me to put the slideshow on the blog. I'd like to thank my husband for not finding out that it's on the blog or he would shoot me. And I'd like to thank all the little people who make what I do each and every day possible (aka: my boys). Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't realize it had been a year. Somehow I thought you were discussing doing this at Uncle Ralph's funeral.

Ann, thanks for doing this. I've really enjoyed it, and I loved the stats for the year as well.