Thursday, January 15, 2009

Grace's First Orchestra Concert

A few months ago I posted a video of Grace's first violin lesson. She has been practicing since then and she had her first concert earlier this week. It was really great. Michelle and I were so surprised at how well the kids did. We expected a lot of screeching but it was actually very good - I might go as far as saying the music was beautiful. Michelle will probably be mad if I tell you she almost cried. But she probably won't read this so let's keep that on the down low. Our video camera wasn't working well so I compiled a rough video from what we did capture. Enjoy! And stay warm - it is -13F here right now...colder tonight.

7 comments:

LynnK said...

That was a performance par excellent.

Drake and Michelle--you wouldn't take $10,000 for that group picture in twenty years from now. That is, indeed, one precious--very precious--memory.

I am amazed how minds can train to perform in sync.

Grace--keep up the good work. The Lord has blessed you with special talent. You will never regret your musical contribution to family, friends and society!
Uncle Lynn
Decatur, AL

Nog Blog said...

Thanks for sharing. Grace is definitely a "stand-out" student...looks like the only blondie in the group! Keep up the good work, Grace!

Anonymous said...

How cute--having attended numerous school concerts through the years there's nothing quite like a slow version of Twinkle, Twinkle to make you cry. Good for you that they were good tears!!!

Ada said...

I loved it -- and I may have felt a tear or two also. Grandma

Anonymous said...

It was truly the most beautiful, soothing rendition of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star that I have ever heard or could imagine.
And I am serious.
Cleve

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Drake! I really enjoy your videos and your enthusiasm as a wonderful, supportive dad!

Ann said...

Too sweet. And seriously, as some of the others have mentioned, for a beginning performance they are really quite good and "listenable."