Monday, October 6, 2008

Dedicated to Catherine Klopfenstein



This post is dedicated to a wonderful wife and mother of 7 children -- Catherine Klopfenstein. Yes, she DOES read this Blog!!! It's about all she does on the computer, but she looks forward to reading the family postings. She should be pleasantly surprised to see this post! Aside from discovering and making Aunt Catherine Eggs, she stays busy at her assisted-living apartment doing many activites, including Bingo, walking with co-resident Jean Maurer (former Gridley friend and resident), keeping up on politics, the Cubs, and Dancing With The Stars! Her address is CK at Evergreen Square, 801 Gregory, Apt. 210, Normal, Illinois 61761 if you ever would want to send her a card.
Remember to click the pictures to enlarge!

Cleve

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun to see these pictures! I had never seen some of them. I think Sonya is the lucky winner -- she looks just like her grandma!

Anonymous said...

The first thing we said is how much Sonya looks like Catherine.
Wasn't she a cute cheerleader!!

Is that me with the sunglasses trying to get a tan?

Whose house was the picture taken with Catherine and Mother?

Alice

Anonymous said...

Aunt Alice,
Not sure about what kitchen it was in the middle picture, but it is indeed you on the backyard patio with the sunglasses. Was this 1952 when Gridley had a huge windstorm(Joe Schramm's backyard is a mess!)?
And everybody thinks Sonya looks like her Grandma... I'd say that's a compliment to both.
Cleve

Anonymous said...

Isn't the kitchen in Grandma's new house?

What a nice tribute and fun pictures to see.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was my mom with the sunglasses!

Ada said...

My first thought, also, was that Sonya sure looks like her grandma. I always thought (and still do) that Catherine was special. I loved to go to their house, because there was so much confusion compared to the quietness of my house. And Gloria always says that she liked to come to my house to get some peace and quiet!

Yes, Alice, I recognized you immediately! Cute.

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it have been interesting to see Catherine's face when she read about herself? What a nice recognition of a delightful lady that I love very much. Can remember nothing but good times with her in all these years!

aaronklop said...

Well said! A great grandma and person. Grandma, looking forward to your first Blog post!

Anonymous said...

This is Catherine right now with Cleve & Kathleen here at my apartment. Hello to everyone and BOY WAS I SURPRISED!!! Sure brought back old good times. Thanks for the nice comments and I always enjoy reading this Family Blog (which is quite new and exciting for me).
Catherine

Ann said...

Very nice tribute to your mother, Cleve. Thank you for posting it.

Now, Aunt Catherine, we've got to get you to join up and make your own contributions!