Sunday, October 5, 2008

Books...and more books!

Today I went out to the October library book sale. Tomorrow is free day but I decided I should probably support the library a little since I take advantage of all their book offerings. I brought home 3 grocery bags full, at $3 a bag. They're not making much off of me, and I have a fun selection of books to read...someday.
Here's a sample of the variety of books I brought home:

Once Upon A Town (The Miracle of the North Platte Canteen) by Bob Greene

The Survival of Jan Little (A woman who survived alone in the Amazon jungle)by John Mann

Storm of Terror (A Hebron Mother's Diary) by June Leavitt

O Ye Jigs & Juleps (A humorous slice of Americana by a turn-of-the-century pixie, aged ten) by virginia Cary Hudson

A Life On The Road, by Charles Kuralt (Because I'd love to go out on the road)

Sportsmanlike Driving Series, The Driver (A 1936 driving instruction book, just because I thought it looked funny and I might learn something for when I'm out on that road trip.)

Surviving An Auto Accident, by Robert and Dana Saperstein (I've never been in a serious one, but if I am, I'll know how to make a physical, economic, and emotional recovery!)

Cub Scout Leader How-To-Book (Because I have enough grandsons to form my own Cub Scout troop, and there's lots of fun ideas for boys in it!)

That's just a small sampling of many interesting books I have stacked up now on my basement table. It was a fun afternoon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an interesting mix of books.

Just this weekend I made a list of the books I've read this year so far and while I thought my list was eclectic it doesn't seem nearly as intersting as yours.

Anonymous said...

nog,
I have about 200 books I'd like to give away -- most not ever read by me or anyone in my family...just taking up shelf space. I'll try to get them boxed up for you to go through. Otherwise, they go to Goodwill.
Cleve