Saturday, August 3, 2013

FUN WEEK IN VERNON HILLS

This week Drake and Michelle have been off on a vacation and we've had the privilege of staying with Grace and Owen. They have been so cooperative with anything we suggest doing. But the first order of daily business was their participation in a summer symphony camp at their school. Grace plays the violin and Owen plays the cello. Both are WAY more talented than we realized. They had a concert for parents on Friday afternoon as the finale of their week. It was great. A couple pictures shows them in action. They also have a new dog named Trixie. She's quite active, loves me - aren't I lucky? I even play with her, who would've thought?!?!? G & O are the official caretakers and they have so much fun with her. Today we took the train downtown and went to Navy Pier where we rode the giant ferris wheel. I must say I've always been scared of that thing and thought anybody who rode it must be crazy. But today I decided to take the plunge - after all I'm 70 now and can do anything, right? It was a great ride with a beautiful view of Chicago. Later we went down to Grant Park, listened to music from a distance and wandered around awhile, then back to the train and home.

5 comments:

Perry said...

Great pictures! I would have loved to hear their symphony! The shoreline view is really pretty. ---Carol

Nog Blog said...

Sounds like your week went well...puppy and roller coaster?? You're getting brave in your...well, I won't say that. You had a beautiful day for a downtown trip. Looks like fun!

clevekath said...

Great pictures, all truly fit for framing. As mentioned in a previous post comment, "it is amazing what one will do with and for grandchildren". And you, Ada, actually playing with Trixie, is another good example!

LynnK said...

Thank you, Ada & Jerry, for the Post! I love it. And....the string music--for good listening.

Ada said...

Would someone please post something. While I love these pictures, I'd appreciate seeing something else anytime now!