Thursday, May 30, 2013

WIND WIND GO AWAY!!

I'm sooo tired of the wind! I tried to plant some flowers yesterday afternoon while Jerry was frantically mowing before another bout of rain. I got about half of them planted and was soooo hot and wind-blown, I thought I might collapse right there and told J I had to go inside. He planted the rest of the flowers while I passed out on the bed!! Here are some pictures of the flowers. I did all the yellow ones and Jerry did the ones by the air-conditioner - they are a "sun impatiens". Next we need to get some bushes/trees to replace the burned ones. Next week we hope to get the deck painted and the pots filled AND a quilt put together! Just "can't hardly" keep up anymore . . .

7 comments:

rk2 said...

Love your flowers!!! Your work amazes me.
I understand about wind. We get so much wind here which I didn't expect. The last few weeks we've had almost constant winds with gusts of 40-50 mph! Some nights the wind is so loud I can't get to sleep or it wakes me up which is very unusual as I can usually sleep through about everything!

Ann said...

Beautiful work. This year I'm planting - nothing. :-)

Anonymous said...

One of the very best things about living in Florida is that it is hardly ever windy! This was quite unexpected. We have several items on our balcony that are still sitting just where I put them months ago. I do not miss the wind!

Nog Blog said...

I admire your flowers every summer. You have a knack for picking good colors and combinations of blooms. We will want to see the deck once it is all painted and flower pots are planted.

With all the rain we've had, I haven't bought a single plant yet. I might end up like Ann...with nothing!

Drake said...

@Angela - except that when it is windy, it's like 200mph windy and you have to evacuate the state...

Perry said...

Thanks for the smile, Drake. Yes, Ada and Jerry's flowers are always fabulous! I love driving by. ---Carol

Anonymous said...

haha! I know, right! Today's the start of hurricane season, so we will see what happens. We do need to have an evacuation plan, so I have some research to do as I have no idea what that entails. For today, sunny, warm, slight breeze.