Thursday, April 4, 2013

Sippy cups

Judy's post about the kids getting their own drinks reminded me of one of my favorite memories of two of Mark's kids.

One summer day I was wrestling on the family room floor with Lindsey and John Michael who were probably 4 and 6 at the time.

After a bit of rather wild play I realized JM was gone and soon he came around the couch with 3 sippy cups of ice water in his arms. "Hey guys, I got us all some water."

Lindsey was old enough to realize that a 30+ year old woman didn't need a sippy cup even if it was Aunt Rhoda and exclaimed, "John Michael!!!"

I, however, gladly took my cup and drank. It was the only time I remember drinking from a sippy cup.

2 comments:

Nog Blog said...

Cute! Lindsay had the most common child's reaction...we are OLD, no matter what our age! I guess wrestling on the floor qualified you as a kid in John's eyes.

rk2 said...

I prefer to think that Lindsey didn't think of me as OLD, but just understood that adults don't drink from sippy cups. I agree about John just thinking I was one of them which made the memory even more special.