Friday, November 9, 2012

Grandma's Kitchen

Here are a couple of photos from the past in Grandma's kitchen. I have many memories of that kitchen, including good meals, and hours of doing dishes, just Grandma and me, where she would give me lots of advice along with some good family gossip. It was a special time.

Looks like they are also enjoying "kitchen time."

This was always one of my favorite pictures. Obviously, Cathy was having her dress ironed,
 and she was not too happy about being caught by the camera in her little slip! So cute!

5 comments:

Ann said...

Look at those skinny minny young ladies!!! Wow!!!

Who is in the background?

Also - I remember that picture of Cathy also. Cute little thing!

Ada said...

That's exactly what I thought, Ann. I always hated being so skinny. Do you realize I only weighed 105 when I got married!? I kinda think that might be Ruth in the picture, but maybe it's mother.

And Cathy - you were such a little cutie!

Nog Blog said...

I think the dishwasher is Aunt Ruth. That was her signature hairstyle for many years.

clevekath said...

Good memories of that kitchen. Yes, Cathy was a cutie and being the last of 7, just a little spoiled. But the most intriguing thing about the kitchen, to me, was the odd design in the tile floor pattern. I used to wonder and wonder what that black imprint really was.

clevekath said...

Good memories of that kitchen. Yes, Cathy was a cutie and being the last of 7, just a little spoiled. But the most intriguing thing about the kitchen, to me, was the odd design in the tile floor pattern. I used to wonder and wonder what that black imprint really was.