Sunday, November 4, 2012

Fifty-seven years ago

Fifty-seven years ago!
'Twas a Friday night, November 4, 1955, when I made the greatest decision of life.  The Lord gave me the insight to see how lost my soul was and helped me to repent and believe on Him, Jesus Christ, for my personal salvation.  To this day, I have never doubted what He did on my behalf.  He provides: first, an eternal home in heaven; second, peace within; third, direction in life!  And, of course, much, much more as the years go by.  In this case, a lovely, sweet Christian wife and family!!!

We've had the joy of a Christian life all these years and certainly recommend to all people a surrendered life to the Lord.  It's worth it all!!!  I have found that life is not just a daily living but life is really serving in a meaningful manner the Lord and fellow man.  I recommend Him to all.  The Bible says:  "Whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." Revelation 22:17.

And for your momentary devotion read Romans 5:1-5, a very meaningful scripture.  Love all you all!!!
Uncle Lynn

4 comments:

mim said...

This was posted on Mim's computer but not by Mim. Lynn had trouble posting on his computer. Happy birthday anniversary today, Mary.

Ann said...

What I always think about is what you put in your memoir, Dad, about how Uncle Ralph invited you to go to church with him one Wednesday night, where you met the young people of the Chicago church, who was then influential in your life and salvation. I remember you writing something to the effect of, "I will always be grateful to my brother Ralph for that invitation that night."

Ada said...

I was just an adolescent, probably 10 or 11 at that time, but was quite impressed when I heard the good news. I remember going to the Chicago church for your baptism. Us kids had to wait (or should I say "play") in the basement while you gave your testimony upstairs. It was very exciting when everyone finally came down for the baptism.

To be truthful - there were a couple of cute boys playing downstairs, and us girls (Gloria, the Wagner girls, and me) tried our best to play with them, but to my disappointment they didn't pay much attention to us!!

clevekath said...

I, too, vaguely remember the special event at the Sunnyside Chicago church...especially the basement baptism where we also held Sunday School singing and had classes upon the dining room tables. It was also the SS Assembly room where Dad always joked...about one Sunday when no song leader was present, so they asked Dad to lead singing. So he did and he said "Oddly, they never asked me again".