Thursday, October 18, 2012

Dad to the Rescue

Last night my folks stopped by with a huge container of soup for us.  As Mom and I were walking out into the garage, we both jumped back at what we saw.  Mike had put a "sticky board" by the steps, intended to catch crickets and other unwelcome bugs before they jumped into the house.  Somehow, a Carolina wren had flown into the garage and gotten stuck on the board.  Thoroughly stuck.  She was flopping, trying her best to get off, but there was no hope of removing her from that board.  We motioned for Dad to get out of the car, so he came and removed the board, then somehow (I'm not asking any questions) humanely dispensed with the bird and put the whole thing into his trunk to dispose of without me having to look at it any more.  Thanks, Dad!

2 comments:

Ada said...

Lucky you to get a huge container of soup! I'm sure it was delicious.

I can just see you and your mom getting all frustrated at seeing the flopping bird. The vision makes me chuckle. I'm thinking you better be careful when you step off your step or you might end up stuck there also! Good thing Dads can always stay calm and come to the rescue!

Ann said...

You are exactly right. I am usually very flustered in such situations. Mike was at work - he would have said "Don't act so dumb!"