Monday, May 21, 2012

Wetzel-Celis Update

Well, it's been awhile since I wrote an update on our family, so I thought I would get one done today. I came home from work not feeling well today ~ slept awhile, then went to the store to buy some food to make a good dinner. In actuality, it wasn't really a "good" dinner, but it was alot better than the ones we've had for the last couple weeks. I just do not like to make dinner at all.

Early this month, Jerry and I went to Jacksonville to move Kelsie from one place to another. She is staying in Florida this summer to work at at State Farm agent's office. We helped her for a couple days and then spent a few days on the beach. There was a surfing contest right outside our hotel. That crowd, plus the "super moon," made for an interesting time! Kelsie has one more year of college left, with one of the semesters to be spent in Thailand. More to come on that at a later date.

Nathan has one day and one hour left of Kindergarten. He's had a great year and made many friends. This summer, he'll spend his days at State Farm daycamp and another daycare's daycamp. I hope they wear him out, because he sure has alot of energy. As I type, he jumping over me from one couch to the other.

Heater is graduating from Normal West High School this Saturday. The ceremony will be in the US Cellular Colesium and we will have a little gathering here afterwards. Her plans are to go to Paul Mitchell School of Cosmetology, starting in June or July.

Heather is still managing at Chipotle and having a good time with lots of friends. We see her about once a week or so. Yesterday, she joined us at the Strollathon for Rett Syndrome with the Poppen Family (from Gridley). It's also worth mentioning that she has a dog that I love. Yes, it's true. I even let the dog ride in my car with me from time to time.

I'm still with State Farm, having recently been assigned to a project called Integrated Customer Platform. My little piece of it is to build/buy a content management system to store, track, use marketing messages. I also continue to do my "for fun" job -- with 31. Jerry is still with the State, transferring to an office in Peoria in a week or two. It will be good for him (and our Ford Focus) to have a much shorter drive.

We've been working on our house, and it is now for sale. If you know someone looking for a nice, large home in a very family-friendly neighborhood, have them call me! Friends and neighbors ask when they see the sign, "What are your plans?" And we always tell them, "To sell the house."

I've found that having a little boy is much different than having little girls. No longer do we spend the evenings on the couch rubbing feet and brushing hair. We now entertain oursevles with made-up jokes ("Why did the spray go to the bug?" "To kill the bug." And then I must laugh.) and homemade wrestling matches. Here's a pic of a recent one. Nathan always wins!

Hope to see you all at the annual K5K later in the year!

5 comments:

Perry said...

Thank you for the update. Human activity is always of great interest to me. Today, I visited with a customer -- an accountant with the Salvation Army. She grew up in Vermont, IL. Southwest of Peoria there was a high school called VIT. It stood for a consolidation of three high schools -- Vermont, Ipava, and Table Grove. A tidbit of interest!

Perry said...

More: well, she attended the old Vermont High school. She orders laser checks from me, about 5,000 at a time, a nice order. I'll stop now!

Ada said...

You are an amazing career woman and a busy busy mother. We are always proud of you - and glad to help out when we can.

I'm glad you laugh at the corny jokes, and tolerate the wrestling matches. That little guy must be awful tough to beat his daddy everytime!

See you at the graduation and post-party.

Perry said...

Angela, I enjoyed your update very much. Nathan is such a cute and sweet little boy. Love---aunt Carol

clevekath said...

That is quite a championship belt the Bambino is holding over his daddy. I'd like to witness one of the matches sometime.
CK