Friday, May 25, 2012

READY FOR OUR REUNION

We've been busy for the last few weeks getting our yard spruced up and our flowers planted. I've picked a few to show you. My "color palette" this year is green, yellow, orange with a little red and blue thrown in. I painted all my old pots in bright colors and they have really brightened our deck. I made the tablecloth and chair pads - wish I'd bought more of that fabric so I could've covered the backs of the chairs also.

 Front porch - got the chair from the Antique Shoppe in Fairbury and painted it yellow.

 Our turtle is enjoying the zinnias and petunias. This morning when I opened the front door to get the nenwspaper, a rabbit ran out of this garden, stopped at the end of the sidewalk and looked at me like "get out of my way!". I just stood and stared at him as he stared back at me. After about 4 or 5 minutes he hopped smartly back to the purple petunias at which time I yelled and chased him (or her) away. The nerve of that little fellow!!

I love the new birdbath. You can see one of several rose bushes which are loaded with buds and should be in full bloom by Monday. 

A view of the deck w/painted pots.  I have begged for years for something to hang the hose on - finally got it this year and I love it! Thanks to my long-time sweetie.


 These 12 grave decorations will go to all the Klopfenstein gravesites at the cemetery - at least I hope I got all of them. I copied them from Jeffrey Alens.
These two will go to Chenoa to Jerry's parents and siblings graves.




3 comments:

Nog Blog said...

Praying for you good weather, good turn-out, and good fun and conversation. Hope you have a great day!

Perry said...

Everything looks beautiful! You definitely have a knack at creating pretty things. ---Carol

rk2 said...

Ditto to both comments!!! I hope all goes as well or better than you have planned.