Monday, August 8, 2011

A Couple of Nostalgia Pictures

We are absolutely broiling in the southeast. High today projected to be 99, but what really makes it impossible is the high humidity. It's like walking into a sauna whenever you go outside. I go back to school for teacher inservice on Wednesday, but have gotten wise. Mary Lee needs $$; I need my room decorated. So guess what she is doing this afternoon--and is happy to do so!! And I am home enjoying the last two days of vacation.

Anyway, in the interest of family nostalgia, here are two old pictures that I found this summer. I would guess they were taken at Christmas around 1970; if that is wrong please correct me.



4 comments:

Nog Blog said...

I would say 1970 is very close. But now somebody tell me about where we are...I think Grandma's new house, but I just can't quite remember it. And my dress does not look familiar to me at all.

Cleve said...

I think, too, Grandma's new house on 8th Street? Cute girls!

Ada said...

We've been arguing over whether it is Drake or Jason in the picture!?!?! If it was in fact 1970, Jason was not here yet. BUT if it was 1971, Angela would've been 3.5, Drake would've been a little over 2.5, and Jason would've been 11 months old. So . . . I've concluded that it is Drake in the picture although at first glance I thought it was Jason. I don't remember that Drake had such chunky thighs!! And I also do think that the outfit with the striped shirt was Drakes - but then Jason inherited most of Drake's clothes so . . .! This dilemna is driving me nuts!!!

Hey - all you girls look soooo cute!! Great pictures.

Alice said...

As soon as I saw the picture, I thought it was Drake.