Wednesday, June 1, 2011

THIS AND THAT - AGAIN

We went to church tonight for another lesson on the Revelation. I think we have about three more chapters to go through - very interesting presentations and much food for thought. All of our ministers are participating and taking turns with the presentations.

Also learned in church tonight that Aunt Ruth is gravely ill and isn't expected to live much longer, and I thought some of you would be interested in knowing that and would like to pray for her as she leaves this life and enters into her Reward.

Saturday night was the annual Chenoa Alumni Banquet which we attended. This year is Jerry's and my 50th year anniversary - his from Chenoa and me from Gridley. Unbelievable!! I think he said there were 46 students in his graduating class, four have passed away, and 20 were at the banquet. It was in the old Chenoa HS gym which is now an elementary school and part of the Fairbury school system.


This was taken at the pre-party at someone's garage before banquet. We went back there after dinner, but all us old people were worn out by about 9:30 and headed home.


Jerry was asked to give the "toast" to the class of 1961. As usual, he did a fantastic job. Also looked so handsome in his new sport coat - can I be just a little proud of him? It was a fun evening, and we are looking forward to the real class-reunion in July.

4 comments:

Cleve said...

Yes, you can be very proud of Uncle Jerry. I know first hand that he is a great speaker and I wish I could have heard his "toast" to his class...probably both funny and sentimental.

LynnK said...

There is no reason to not be fully proud of him (and you too-50 years)! His (and yours) hoary head must have something great packed in it when past accomplishments speak loudly!!!

Ada said...

Lynn, not sure I ever knew what the word hoary meant - so I looked it up! Are you implying that Jerry (and I) have white hair? I hadn't noticed; perhaps your vision isn't too clear anymore!

Yes, Cleve, his speech was funny and sentimental - probably more of the latter. I heard him typing away in the office one day - pretty soon he showed me his speech. It was great! I just never know what's going on in that man's mind.

rk2 said...

Wouldn't Grandma say he looks "dapper" in his new jacket?