Tuesday, May 31, 2011

MY GARDENING IS FINISHED

Front garden path leading to new pot. Roses looking good. I planted petunias, but rabbits ate the flowers, so I pulled them up and put in the yellow marigolds.

Lilac bushes are almost in full bloom and smell so good.



My usual pots & hibiscus tree. Hopefully these will all grow to large colorful flowers. The two rectangular containers will eventually be placed above the lattice, but I want them to grow a bit first. I filled them with the petunias (minus flowers) that I pulled from the front and will give them another shot here. Rabbits have never bothered the plants on the deck.


MY GARDEN!!

A tomato plant and a lettuce pot!

We've been enjoying really good salads and hoping for tomatoes by summer's end.


3 comments:

Nog Blog said...

It all looks beautiful...and it's just begun. It feels good to see things grow and bloom. Good luck!

Mim said...

Oh how lovely! I can almost smell the lilacs. Waiting to see what is coming up in our new yard has been interesting. The early planted grape tomatoes are turning red (I thought I had purchased real tomatoes). Bought some crook necked yellow squash plants at the Jockey Lot; gave some to Ann and so far neither of us have really good squash. Rhoda's planted flowers are coming on strong and such fun to watch. Looks like our best flowers may be volunteer vinca. If I were as smart as Ada, I'd send a picture!

This Friday we plan to go to Cummin, GA for Jeff's game. He's on the All Stars and plays in tournaments four consecutive weekends. Last weekend we watched some of the games on the computer. Shows the field and the names of the boys so one can easily watch the plays even though can't see the actual players. Somewhat better than listening on the radio as the old timers remember. Jeff is little but mighty.

rk2 said...

Very, very pretty. Thanks for sharing the beauty.