Monday, May 30, 2011

What a difference a day makes!

Dave and I got away for the Memorial Day weekend. Thanks to all who wished me a happy birthday and Dave and I congrats for our 40th anniversary. We went up to Michigan City, Indiana. The weather was chilly and wet for 3 days, but today it was beautiful for sitting on the beach.

We didn't see much observance of Memorial Day on our road trip. We went through several small towns and only saw a couple cemeteries that had flags up. A couple of houses were flying the flag, and only a couple places we saw groups of people grilling and eating together. The biggest gathering we saw was the thousands of people at the outlet mall in Michigan City. It was an amazing crowd.


We tried to find a sheltered spot to sit on the sand, but it was just too cold and windy.


Today the beach was sunny and loaded with people.

3 comments:

rk2 said...

I hear the comment all the time, "If you don't like the weather in MI just give it 10 minutes and it will be different."

Ada said...

I'm glad you got to celebrate with a "get-away". I've been trying to find you among the beautiful people on the beach and have narrowed it down to the blonde sleeping in a chair with a child in front of her. :) At least that's the best looking woman in sight, so it must be you.

Ann said...

I have an anniversary card for you also. . .it's right here on my kitchen table. :-) Will try to get it in the mail today. Glad you had such a good trip.