Friday, February 18, 2011

WORK IN PROGRESS

We're slowly making good progress with our huge project. We're tired of living with the mess, but just keep thinking of the finished job. It's going kinda slow as we have other things to do such as Jerry's volunteering and my quilting. The ladies at Sunrise have two big quilts ready for me to bind another waiting to be marked and put in the frame. One step at a time, we're getting it done.

Jerry is standing on the bathroom counter while using the joint compound to fill the rough spots made while stripping the wallpaper. In some places it came down real easily, in other places it was very difficult to remove and left a rough wall.
I'm did all the painting on the door and window trims.

We are living with bedroom furniture all over the house. More furniture is in front of the door leading to the deck. We have moved most of the clothes into the front bedroom closet, the guest bathroom closet, and the office closet. I feel like we're always hunting for something.

Today, we put the first coat of primer in the bedroom and feel good because we can finally see something positive happening. Just before Jerry took this picture, I said to him "go get the picture and take my camera." He got a good laugh from that - then got the camera and took my picture. . . :)

4 comments:

rk2 said...

Oh what fun to see progress! I understand what you mean about stuff everywhere. I love starting a project and finishing it, but there gets to be a point where it just needs to get done so things can be put back in order.

Alice said...

We were anxious to see how you were getting along. Looks like you are making progress. I don't envy you with your stuff all over the house. That is the worst thing about re-decorating.
Twenty two years ago we carpeted our whole house at the same time.
What a mess. Sauders were really good about moving the furniture from one room to another. I wish we could do it again, but can't stand to think of the mess.

Cleve said...

Looks nice. I've heard that a true test of a marriage is if a husband and wife can do a wall-papering stripping and remodeling job together and stay peaceful, it is a very strong marriage. It looks like you are succeeding at that nicely.

Ann said...

I like that, Cleve. Good point.

Six months after we got married, we repapered a bathroom. Mike said it was my job and he wouldn't interfere. He didn't. He did supervise extensively. :-)