Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Grandma K's - Now Jamie's - Beautiful Living Room Painting


Hi Ann,
Here is a picture of the picture. It was painted by a little-known artist whose name escapes me. The frame is from a company located in Chicago that is still in the framing business. I will have to take it down to get the artist's name and the name of the frame company in case anyone is interested.

I'd be curious to hear people's memories of the picture and any history they might know about it. I have loved it since I was a child and I remember sitting and staring at it, imagining being in that beautiful world.

Thanks for posting for me!
Jamie

3 comments:

Cleve said...

I, too, often stared at this picture in admiration. When this issue came on the EJK Blog, I knew Marty had not done it. (But I might add that Marty has done some truly fantastic paintings, including some charcoal sketches and large portraits.

Ada said...

I know Mother had several beautiful pictures in her new home, but I would not have remember what the pictures were. It is beautiful, and I'm glad you are able to enjoy it, Jamie. I think Mother was quite a "spunky" lady to build that house and decorate it the way she did.

Ann said...

And here is another one who loved sitting on Grandma's green couch and studying the painting. I am so glad that it has remained in the family and that you are getting to enjoy it daily.