Thursday, January 27, 2011

LAST TWO DAYS

We're down to our last two days at Indian Rocks Beach. We've spent a lot of time reading, walking, and driving around. It's been quite chilly, but as you can see - nothing keeps the man from enjoying the surf on a sunny day.

We had a little excitement Monday. There was a big shooting in St. Petersburg - the gunman shot three policemen, two were killed. The shooter was "holed up" in an attic, and it was a big deal and on tv all day. Sounded like a war zone (on tv) when the shooting actually excalated several times. About mid-afternoon, they began bulldozing the house down and found the man dead.

On Tuesday, a big storm front went through about 6 pm. Again, all three news channels had constant reporting as to where and when the storm would hit as it came inland from the gulf. We watched the sky get black and the waves pick up. The lights flickered once, but we were ready with the candles we bought earlier. We eventually had very heavy rain, wind, thunder/lightening. Sorta like a spring thunderstorm at home but they sure made a big deal about it here. There was some damaged property over in St. Petersburg and a few other places. I told Jerry -"my bathroom will be the place to go when the tornado comes" and he said "no way, I'm going out to watch it!"

I always think I won't pick up any more shells, but as I'm walking along the beach, I just can't resist a few. These are pretty typical and I'll add them to my shell bowl at home. The sponge is interesting and something I don't have.
We'll be leaving Saturday morning for Jacksonville, then on to Anderson, then home. Looking forward to cold weather and snow. Planning to cook on the grill tonight, and going out to a nice place tomorrow night.

2 comments:

rk2 said...

I didn't realize you were going back via Anderson. Wish I could be there as well.

Ada said...

I know Rhoda - I wish so too. We'll miss you.