Monday, March 1, 2010

Winter Weekend for Lindsay

Super Bowl night Joey, Mary's husband, called to say that for Lindsay's 25th birthday she would like to go ice fishing. If they got her to Michigan would I be able to do the ice fishing thing with her. I happened to be at a Super Bowl party with one of the two people I knew who ice fished so I put the phone down and said, "Denny, what do you charge to be an ice fishing guide?"

Friday Lindsay and Joey flew in (arriving 10 hours after they were due, but that's another story), and Saturday we headed out with Denny, his wife Kim, and my friend Renae to the gravel pits to ice fish. Before that Lindsay tried snow boarding on a small slope in Renae's side yard. And Saturday night after dinner we went sledding at the local sledding hangout, Charlie's Dump.

Lindsay was quite enamored with the falling snow on the drive home from the airport Friday night. She asked if I ever get tired of snow; I don't think she understands the concept of "snowbirds" yet.

Unfortunately Joey was sick with a sinus infection but he was quite the trooper through all the activity. The only other thing to make the trip any better would have been for Mary and the other girls to get to come as well.

Here are some pictures from the weekend.















5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ever get sick of it??? Yes, yes and yes. I, personaly, could not think of a more miserable way to spend a weekend than sledding and ice fishing. But that's just me. Glad you enjoyed!!

marym said...

They both had a great time, thanks to Rhoda's superb hospitality. Lindsay had really wanted to go ice fishing so that was our birthday gift to her. They made it in spite of their crazy day on Friday trying to get there. They were re-routed through D.C. where they had a 7 hour layover...finally arriving in Michigan at 9:15 p.m., only 9 hours late! Thanks again Rhoda for all you did to make it a special weekend.

Cleve said...

Not much mention or pictures of fish (other than the one small one being helf by Rhoda). Any luck otherwise? When I see American peoples' elaborage boats, fishing gear, and travel expenses to go fishing, I've often thought that the average fish caught in America probably costs about $100 each. But it's still fun for me. Glad Lindsay and you all could go!

marym said...

Yes, well, that was purposeful ... I think there were 3 fish caught - and not one caught by Lindsay. She said she had a good time anyway but that it was very cold!

We've had 3 light snowfalls this winter which is very unusual. And people are so tired of the snow and cold - including me!

Ann said...

Glad y'all had a good time - Not for me, but glad you enjoyed it!