Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Old(er) Family Pics

Y'all better get ready, because I had a GOOD time scanning in old pictures at Mom and Dad's house last week, and you know I'll be posting them. And there were tons more to still be looked at, but enough was enough for one trip. So how are these for starters?

Well, obviously I wasn't too good at getting pictures straight on the scanner!


These were Polaroids, so not the best quality to begin with. But those are a pair of dashing young men, don't you think?

6 comments:

Ada said...

Cool pictures. I think the one of Alice and me might be when we went on a vacation to Michigan - including Mackinac Island. Right, Alice?

Alice said...

I think it was the summer we went to Michigan with Aunt Mary and Martha Schlipf. I think we went to Sault Sainte Marie and went through the Soo Locks. I was scared to death. I can't remember going to Mackinac Island. Was that when we visited Irsel Funk?

Carol said...

I agree they are "dashing" young men!

Kathleen said...

I totally agree with Carol!

Ada said...

Yes, Alice, it was the trip with Aunt Mary and Martha to see Irsel. That was a crazy trip when I think back about it. Remember swimming at midnight?

Maybe I'm wrong about Mackinac Island. Did we go there with Dad and Mother one time. I know that someplace there's a picture of me in one of those horse-drawn buggies.

Alice said...

Ada, the picture of you in a carriage pulled by horses was at Arthur, Il. I think Larry was in that picture. The first time I went to Mackinac Island was on our honeymoon!!