Wednesday, December 30, 2009

READY TO GO

Well, we're not really ready to go south but we're getting ready in earnest now. I'm going to make my list as soon as I finish typing this. I have one quilt to finish marking for the quilters. We're having a couple friends over for pizza tomorrow night to celebrate - going to go to B'ton and pick up a pizza from Papa Murphy's to eat. Have to do a couple more loads of laundry and begin packing. That's just the short list. The real list will be a couple pages long probably.

Jerry is finishing installing the new sump pump. He has to volunteer tomorrow then go to the dentist. I'm wondering if I should he insist on doing his own packing - I've always done it. How about a vote as to whether he should do it or I should do it. Do other men do their own packing?

6 comments:

Ann said...

Mike's always done his own packing because he says "I know what I want to wear." But then he was an old bachelor when I married him, used to doing his own thing. :-)

Mim said...

Lynn always packs his personal luggage, something he learned when he traveled for Dun and Bradstreet in the 50's. Then he's a champion at packing everything in the car (van)--just stay away and let him do his own thing with the end result an orderly, compact arrangement.

Alice said...

Keith does his own packing. Of course I have to have all clothes clean and ready to go. He always has a list to go by - usually from the previous year. I am not much for making lists. He is always particular about having the car checked before we leave. However, three years ago the A/C went out in the heat of Nebraska. We had to replace it. It set us back a half day and $600.

Carol said...

Perry also does his own packing. I used to pack for him, but one day he realized that with four children to pack for and myself, that was the "least" that he could do. I am grateful for the change. Likewise, I used to get up every morning and get his breakfast. Finally, I think maybe when Preston was a baby and I was up so much in the night, he decided to let me sleep. He's been getting his own breakfast ever since, except on Sundays. I am also much appreciative of this change. He still likes me to have the coffee ready for him. I can do this the night before.

Anonymous said...

Jerry packs his own clothes. If all these men pack their own clothes, why, Dad can too.

Eric - Retta said...

I always pack my own clothes. Just easier that way and if I forget something, it's my fault!!