Friday, October 2, 2009

Retta's home.......

Well, Retta was released from the hospital yesterday afternoon and one of her good friends picked her up and brought her home (as I was tied up in the middle of "yard sort" at the Mercedes plant). She's glad to be home but has some restrictions for the next couple of weeks. She is to eat light and get plenty of rest. She got up and swept floors this morning and over did it, so it's going to be a struggle to keep her resting until she is healed.

They never did find the true cause of her pancreatitis, but the best speculation right now is that it is still gall bladder related. They suspect the first bout was caused by the non-functioning gall bladder and even though she had it removed 2 weeks ago, her pancreas probably was not totally healed and reacted to the new processing methods of her body without the gall bladder. We hope that was it and she has no more attacks. Only time will tell.

EDK

4 comments:

Nog Blog said...

Glad she is home and hope she behaves herself so she has time to fully recuperate.

Mim said...

Thanks for the update on Retta. Have had much prayerful concern for her and thankful that she is home and doing better.
Now how about an update on Staci and Keith?

Rhoda said...

I'm no medical person, and my mother may disagree with me, but a surgeon told me when I had my gall bladder out that a body takes 9-12 months to recover physiologically when an organ is removed. He said I would feel the effect of surgery for up to 6 months and it would take a year for my body to adjust.

He also said that he had taken out 100s of gall bladders and not one person had ever told him that they wish he hadn't done so.

Glad to hear Retta is home and hope she takes it easy as needed.

rk2 said...

I should have said, and my mother knows more about the human body than I do . . .

Re-reading the comment makes me realize I didn't say exactly what I meant.