Saturday, August 22, 2009

THIS AND THAT

I'm just taking a break from my LEAST favorite job - sorting clothes: which to put away because they're too big but might work later, which to take to Goodwill, which to throw away, maybe sell on Ebay? etc. Our closet is overflowing with clothes we haven't worn for a long time and probably will not wear in the future! Anybody else have this problem you've been putting off? I figure if I start in our closet and work outward through the house, say one section a day, I maybe could have the house in order in about three weeks - and probably need another three weeks to organize the basement. Hmmm . . . I think I might've just shot my whole plan!

Jerry's doing much better, says he "feels great" and he is telling the truth from my observation. Now he just has to be patient while the bone heals, which means using the walker for about another four weeks. He's sitting on the deck now soaking up the sun and listening to Southern Gospel music, and since it's cool today, we turned off the air and opened the windows, so I'm listening also. (hope the neighbors are enjoying it also!)

We went to Joliet to meet Janice and pick up Nathan. On the way home Jerry said "Wow, this is exciting! There IS another world on the other side of those houses I've been staring at out the window."!

Hope you're all having as beautiful day as we are - sunny and cool and dry.

1 comment:

rk2 said...

Glad to hear Jerry is doing well.

I have several closets I need to clean out--that's what I tend to put off most.