Sunday, July 5, 2009

Mim says.....

The following is a corrected version of comments that contained an error. There was nothing illicit or untrue in the great words of a great lady! ...LCK
Our Fourth turned out to be different from the lazy day we had expected. On Friday, a friend and I were repairing old Bibles (do you have any?) to be sent overseas to Third World countries begging for them. Here we met a couple and their three girls, ages appropriate for sixth, seventh and ninth grades. They had brought a U-Haul loaded with Christian literature from Rhode Island and were spending some days working for the Bible sending ministry. Talking to them I learned that they had no plans for the Fourth until later in the day, so I quickly called Lynn and asked what he thought about inviting them for a meal. Good idea. So they came at 1:30 and we had world famous--well at least nationally famous--Big Bob Gibson BBQ. He was a piano major in college and his rendition of "It Is Well With My Soul" was tremendous. Then Lynn requested, can you guess, "Trust and Obey", just as big a blessing. It was a delight to meet folks of their caliber from a New England state, notorious for promoting gay marriage and pro-death(abortion). They said to not believe everything you read in the media!They left just in time for us to attend a nearby TEA party, which the mainstream media has been silent about. Our liberal"Decatur Daily" had no one there for a meeting of Lynn estimated nearly a thousand people. Our thoughts are with the bereft in Roanoke.

6 comments:

Nog Blog said...

I love the impromptu invitation you offered to the family...sometimes some of the best memories come from these types of engagements.

Mim said...

Such ado all because of saying "I and my friend" instead of "My friend and I". Princeville schools taught me better than that!

Nog Blog said...

Aunt Mim, you made me laugh! I never did figure out what the error was! I get after Dave for saying "don't" improperly. He also knows better, and can speak correctly, but when he's talking "farmerese" he falls into that slang talk and then it becomes a habit. I try not to criticize him, especially in front of people, but really, he wouldn't have to do it.

Eric - Retta said...

Yummmm, Big Bob Gibson's BBQ...such a treat for those from up east. I have to admit, I wondered who/what the deleted comment was for just a second, but realized that it didn't really matter anyway. Thanks for sharing your comments and your heart for ministry in repairing the bibles for overseas shipment. EDK

Eric - Retta said...

Oh, and the use of "irregardless" drives me nuts. I realize that I am not the best speaker, but when I hear the word irregardless used, it drives me up the wall.....EDK

Ada said...

I agree with Eric! Is there actually such a word as irregardless?