Friday, June 5, 2009

SUMMER'S HERE

It's a beautiful day - the sun is shining, the humidity is low, and the temperature is 80! Couldn't ask for more.

I am helping save the earth by reclycling. The little fence has been on our deck for several years and was worthy of throwing away BUT I painted it white, bought some little wooden flowers at Michaels and paianted them, painted the old clay pots and VOILA it's new! I also purchased the little bench at a garage for $3 and painted it. I plan to get an orange garbage can next trip to B'ton (and maybe store the broom someplace else).

These are my corner pots. My color "palette" is orange, purple and yellow and I've tried some different flowers this year along with my usual geraniums. We also painted our deck floor gray and bought new chair cushions - so it's almost like having a new deck!! We love grilling and eating on our deck.

1 comment:

rk2 said...

Love what you did. I always feel like if I find something and try to paint it cutesy it looks like I tried to find something and paint it cutesy.

Yours turned out really nice. Love the bright colors.