Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Full Bedrest at 31 weeks

Many of you know that I've been on partial bedrest and medication for the last nine weeks due to pregnancy-induced hypertension. This morning, my blood pressure crossed the "magic line" of 140/90 and stayed up even with the meds. After being evaluated at BroMenn, I'm back at home but on full bedrest. They will run a test tomorrow morning to see if the PIH has progressed to pre-eclampsia or not. Either way, I'll be on bedrest for the duration of my pregnancy.

We ask that you would pray for my health and the health of my twins and that the doctor will find the proper balance between staying pregnant for their sakes and delivering for mine. If it is pre-eclampsia, average time from diagnosis to delivery is 2 weeks, and in my previous pregnancies I delivered within 48 hours of diagnosis. We are praying for at least 3 more weeks, or if I can't last that long that the twins will have a short and easy stay in the NICU. (I'd be transferred to Champaign if they come in the next 3 weeks.)

2 comments:

Nog Blog said...

Thanks for the update. I noticed Ethne was not at VBS tonight. I thought you looked good last night, so am surprised at the recent development. Take care of yourself and those babies...I'm anxious to meet them, but not just yet!

Ada said...

We've enjoyed following your progress and are sorry you have to be confined to bedrest. "All things work for good to those who love the Lord" - a verse I learned from my Dad many years ago, but certainly did not realize its full meaning until my adult life. You will be so happy when your precious babies arrive. Take care.