Saturday, April 11, 2009

Busy Day

Well, I'm feeling great. I'm not sure if it's a result of the Nexum I'm taking for reflux or if it's a result of having two days off last week and this week being out of the plant on a business trip to GM Shreveport LA for 1 1/2 days and having Friday off. The off time has helped with the stress I'm sure.

We had a busy day today. Retta and Amber went to a jelly bean hunt put on by the Children's department at church. Chris and I took some drywall, insulation & tiles back to Lowe's that were left over from our water damage project. While there, we stocked up pool chemicals and got supplies for several projects around the house.

After the girls got back, we hauled our old couches and a bunch of "stuff" up to church for our missions garage sale that will be held next Saturday. After that, Retta and I worked on the pool, cleaning the filter, skimming the surface and pumping in a bunch more chemicals with hopes of it being clear by the time it's warm enough to swim. It won't be long. It actually hit 90 here yesterday afternoon for a few minutes.

I ran the weed eater and then we installed a new storm door on our back porch and put a dog door in the new storm door. That was about enough for the day and now we are relaxing a bit prior to bed.

Obviously by the activities we got done today, I'm feeling better! Oh, and I got my cholesterol results. Believe it or not, my cholesterol is good, but my Triglycerides are too high so I've started a medicine to bring them down. EDK

1 comment:

Ann said...

We are not looking forward to opening our pool this year - it's developed a leak over the winter, and that could translate to big problems depending on where the leak is located.

Our kids used the pool a lot when they were the age of yours, but now that they're older they don't use it as much. Every year Mike threatens to fill it in with dirt!

Glad to hear you're feeling better.