Thursday, February 12, 2009

SHE'S 18!

Well, another granddaughter is now an adult! Kelsie turned 18 yesterday. I fixed dinner and we took it to their house.

Kelsie requested a Rueben casserole (??? never heard of that), but, of course, as the ever-accommodating Grandma, I made three different versions! One with crescent rolls as crust, one with rye bread as crust, and one with cabbage instead of saurkraut - to accommodate my dear husband who won't eat saurkraut! They all had layers of thousand island dressing, corned beef, saurkraut, and shredded swiss cheese.

I also made baked-potato soup (always think of Lynn when I make that) and brownie sundaes with home-made hotfudge sauce. As I was making it, I told Jerry, "this must be the weirdest meal I've ever made" -- but it was delicious!

Ada

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baked potato soup???? Never heard of it. Let me in on the recipe so I can surprise my husband.
Your birthday dinner sounds excellent to me--but the thought of so many dishes would discourage me before I ever started. Guess it must be nice to be young and ambitious.

Cathy said...

Will you be MY grandma???

Ada said...

Sure, Cathy. What would you like for dinner?