Thursday, February 12, 2009

Speaking of Running...

Congrats to Uncle Perry who's running again! And speaking of running, Angela and I are training to run a half marathon in April. There, I've said it in public, Angela, no backing out for either of us now. Actually, Ang has run a full marathon before so this should be cake for her. It will definitely be the farthest I've ever run. The training plan I'm following (and I think Ang, too) has me running 3-5 miles several times a week right now and that ramps up so we're ready for 13.1 miles on the day of the race.

Sommebody else here (Jen? Staci? I forget) ran one of these a few months ago I think...any tips appreciated!

2 comments:

Mama Runner said...

Yes, Brett and I ran a 1/2 in June. I ran a second 1/2 and Brett ran a full in October. He's training for another full in April, but I'm taking some time off to grow twins.

As for tips: Stay well hydrated, take rest days seriously (you get stronger when you rest), and start slow on race day. It's easy to get so excited you run too fast and burn out. Slow and steady is best.

Anonymous said...

What a great goal. Where will you be running the half?