Sunday, December 21, 2008

Wetzel Update

Not much of an update, really. I just haven't written much in awhile. SF got wise on blogger, and blocked us from it, so I can't check the blog at work anymore. Once I get home, I usually don't have time. Today, we're skipping church because it's just too cold. The temperature is reading 1 degrees right now, and it's quite windy. I have most of my shopping done, so I will spend the day negotiating with Nathan and wrapping presents when I can. The Bears play tomorrow night, and we will have Christmas at home with our immediate family on Christmas Day, so I will plan a shopping list for food for both of those occassions. Hopefully, I will be able to go out later today for grocery shopping. If not, I will go out at lunch tomorrow. As far as I'm concerned, the only good thing about cold weather like this is that you can buy groceries at lunch, and they don't spoil by the time you get home that night. As long as you don't buy bananas, because they don't fare so well in freezing temps...

All this said, we're dreamin' of Florida ever so much these days. With Kelsie accepted to college there, and lots of SF activity down there too, we can only hope that this is the last winter we will have to suffer through this miserable weather. If I could, I'd take a pic of our view to the west, but our home computer is on the brink and in the shop after the ice storm last week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Update -- The temp now says -4 degrees.

Ada said...

Our thermometer is now registering 10 degrees - and as I look out to the west, I cannot see the Meiss Homestead. Heather called and cancelled our shopping trip as she has to work straight through the day today. That worked out well, as I don't have any business on the roads in this weather.
You "southerners" just don't know what you're missing!

Anonymous said...

We stayed home from church today too. It was just too cold. One car has to be outdoors and it required scraping off before we could go anywhere. I told Keith he had no business out in minus 4 degrees weather. So we are having a very quiet day - wrapping gifts and reading. I tried to talk Keith into helping me make caramels, but he turned me down. That's ok because I shouldn't have them anyway. If any of you want some delicious divinity - go to Wal Mart. It is as good as any homemade.

Anonymous said...

P.S. The divinity is in the bakery section.