Sunday, December 21, 2008

Those good caramels

Aunt Alice, I remember your caramels so well. They are absolutely delicious. If I remember right - don't they have to be cooked for like an hour over the stove?! If so, making them would be a labor of love.

I also remember Grandma's chow mein noodle cookies (candies?) she made with butterscotch chips and chocolate chips. Also the chocolate cookies that Rhoda still makes each year and that Shelley wrote about making a couple of months ago.

I'm not going to make as much this year. Don't need it and don't have time. I did make a few spritz cookies last week, and will make fudge so that we'll have some here (some of Mike's family is coming in Christmas night) and to give away.

Anyway, I'd come help you make those caramels if it were possible!

No comments: