Sunday, December 28, 2008

A CHRISTENSEN CHRISTMAS






















Here are a few pictures from our Christmas - it was Owen's turn to read the Christmas Story from our Bible, the traditional "by-the-tree" picture (can you find anything special in this picture?), and "the mess" pictures. It was wild and crazy as usual - but most of all wonderful to be together. Even Nathan made it through the day without a nap - just having too much fun keeping up with his big cousins. The kids played hide-and-seek in the basement for a long time and it sounded like they were having a great time, although I was afraid to go see what was going on. We had traditional "goodies" to nibble on all day and finally Giovanni's from El Paso delivered pizza at 4:30. It was a great day. -- Now to get ready for DC!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would guess it has something to do with the doll on the right side by the tree, but I wouldn't know why it is special.

Ada said...

You've got the right item - anybody have an idea why it's special?

Anonymous said...

I don't have any idea why the doll is special. Why don't you give us a clue??

Ada said...

When I was a child, Santa always gave me a doll. When I was about 10-12, I received this doll and "Santa" told me to take care of it as it would be my last. She was quite modern for her day as she could move her legs to "walk" while her head turned from side to side. During the ensuing years, she has gotten very bedraggled and ragged and just lost in closets.

About a month ago I found a lady in Pontiac who was able to restore her to her natural beauty. She found her a new wig, cleaned up the original dress, made her new underware from vintage pillow cases so the material would match the era. She knew exactly the history of this type of doll from the 40/50's and was very interesting and a real doll expert. She is 80+ years old and even though she retired some years ago, she agreed to do this doll for me. I'll try to remember to post a picture when we get home in a few weeks.

By the way, her name is Mary Gates (wife of Bill) and when she called to tell me the doll was finished, the caller ID said Bill Gates and I almost didn't answer thinking it was a prank call!!

Anonymous said...

What a neat story to tell!

Tell Bill hello!