Thursday, October 9, 2008

It doesn't feel like fall

If it weren't for the crops turning brown and coming down, you would never know it's fall here. There are wild sunflowers growing in the ditches, and we even have dandelions in our yard! Today, I cut my summer flowers out of my front yard, and those that are the multiplying kind had started new sprouts. It hurt me a bit to cut them all off, because I love summer so much, and I don't want it to be winter.

With the flower garden all cut away, my porch was exposed so Nathan and I went to Menards, his favorite place! After a good time on their swingset display, we picked out our fall decor. I have never decorated for fall before, since I so dislike it. I'm not sure what got into me. Anyway, it turned out pretty cute, don't you think?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the decorations on your porch look great---but the part I like best is not arrayed in fall colors--Nathan, of course.
If you don't like winter, move to Alabama, where winter comes later and leaves earlier than in Illinois. I'd even volunteer to baby sit Nathan sometimes. Aunt Mim

Ada said...

Your display is adorable -- especially the scarecrow in the white t-shirt! I'll bet he had fun helping you and I can just hear him jabbering through the whole process.

Autumn is my favorite season - no heat and humidity and "just-right" temperature.

Anonymous said...

Your fall display is beautiful! Wish you could come and do the front of our house. However, Our red and white vinca are still very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Angela, your display is great---it makes fall seem more fun. I've often shared your sentiments with fall meaning wonderful summer is over and winter is coming. This year, however, it seems nicer than usual with the pleasant weather.

Ann said...

We love fall here. I'm not much of a decorator, but the season change is wonderful after all of the hot and humid summer. Mike is always happiest when the mornings are cool and have that crispness to them. That's because it means the deer are moving. . .

I like your decorations very much.