Saturday, September 20, 2008

BEAUTIFUL SATURDAY

It is a beautiful sunny day in Gridley. After about six weeks of dry, brown grass, Jerry had to mow twice this week after last weekend's flooding rains.

We're expecting Jerry's nephew, Steve, for lunch today. He's stopping by after some kind of technology show in Peoria. I boiled potatoes and eggs last night and made potato salad this morning. Also have a blueberry pie in the oven. We'll grill hamburgers and hopefully eat on the deck. All y'all are welcome!

Jerry is outside cleaning the deck and the pond - the fountain hasn't been working so he's checking it out.

This afternoon we're going to a birthday open house for Evy Reis who turned 90 years old last Wednesday. She is one of "my ladies" from Meadows -- Lynn's family might remember her as she was from Chenoa. Her husband was Hugo - he was a painter. Might even have done some painting at the old homestead.

I now have 17 purses completed for my "craft sale" in a few weeks. I hope to have 30 by sale day, but am taking a break from sewing this weekend.

Jamie - if you can get online, give us an update on the situation in The Meadows. We hope your electricity is back on and things are returning to normal.

That's our excitement for now. What have you been doing.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Well. . .it would appear that whatever the Klopfensteins are doing on this beautiful day, they are not at their computers! :-)

I'm having another quiet Saturday. Mary Lee is in Greenville until tomorrow morning, and Mike had to work overtime. I'm trying to get up the energy to go in the kitchen and bake a batch of cookies to take to Andrew and some of his friends tomorrow when I go to pick up ML. The weather here is perfect also - beautiful football weather.

The operators can't have a radio or TV in the control room, so I have been commissioned to call with each score change in the Clemson game. Since the score right now is 30-0, Clemson, I've been making a lot of calls.

LynnK said...

The lady's husband was Hugo Reis, a painter. He was a customer of Klopfenstein Ford Sales and I knew him well.