Saturday, September 20, 2008

Fuming!

Well, I'm sitting here in my office on Saturday morning, just having read Ada's post about their relaxing Saturday Plans, and I am fuming. Not about Ada's post, but because I am frustrated about the reason I am here.


I was to meet someone for an interview for an open position I have here (CMM Programmer). Originally, I was to interview this person on Monday afternoon and he was a no show. Normally, that would have been my first cue to move on, but having phone interviewed this candidate, really liking his resume and attitude, and talking to him earlier in the day on Monday while he was "traveling" to McCalla, I agree to reschedule his interview when he called me Monday night and explained he had been involved in an accident Monday driving from TN and totaled his vehicle. He promised to bring a copy of the police report to back up his story.

So the interview was to be at 9:00 this morning. Talked to him last night and he was again "traveling" to the area from TN, would spend the night in Birmingham and meet me at the plant at 9:00 this morning. Guess what, NO SHOW and no answer on the cell phone.

Now I realize if you ask my kids, they would tell you I usually over commit and under deliver when I agree to do things. However, I know from my family heritage and upbringing that your word is YOUR WORD and it needs to mean something. It blows my mind that someone who contacted me about a open job, phone interviewed, set up a time, called on Monday to say he was on the way, called back Monday night to ask for a reschedule, called on Friday night to confirm this morning, would not show again and not bother to call. I can't wait to hear this story!!! Whatever it is.......I still have a CMM Programmer position open. Know anyone with these skills who would like to live in Alabama? I don't have a candidate anymore.

Thanks for letting me vent! EDK

2 comments:

Ann said...

That's OK, you can vent here any time! That must have been extremely frustrating.

I had to be managerial this week also in dealing with a cast member of our school play who hadn't been there for any of the first three practices - or let me know. Sometimes that role is not fun!

Nog Blog said...

Let us know if you hear from him..I'm curious now. Mom