Friday, August 29, 2008

Post deleted

In the spirit of family unity, and as the primary administrator of this blog, I have taken the liberty of deleting the previous post. Though the intent seemed to be innocuous - simply the addition of another puzzle to challenge the readers - the direction of the comments made it clear that the website involved caused offense. The prudent action, in my opinion, is to delete the post.

I do not do this lightly. My goal is not to be an authoritarian figure or to be a monitor of individual members' freedom to post as they wish. But this blog has been so enjoyable, and such a good thing to allow far-flung family members the opportunity for interaction and discussion, that we do not want anything to infringe upon that spirit. Thank you to all involved for understanding this action.

p.s. I'll probably delete this post also in a couple of days.

2 comments:

Eric - Retta said...

I haven't looked at the blog since yesterday morning, when I posted the "puzzle". I apologize if I have offended anyone with the post of the puzzle or webpage. I did not mean any offence, just thought it was a fun puzzle with a tie to our family heritage. EDK

Anonymous said...

Eric - I generally don't have time to do the puzzles and I haven't been online at home for a couple of days (just because I've hardly been home for a couple of days), so I didn't see any of the comments. But I do hope it doesn't keep you from posting in the future. Everyone's thoughts are appreciated and enjoyed!