Saturday, August 30, 2008

DANCING WITH THE CRICKETS

Last night I went into the garage to get something out of the fridge. I turned on the light. The combination of the sudden light and my presence frightened a large cricket between me and the fridge. I believe the little dance we both did to avoid each other as I walked barefoot across the floor would've made a video worthy of "Utube". Might have even been a better show than "Dancing with the Stars"! I made it back in the house safely but with another case of the "willies" and goosebumps. Also the snack (popsicle) I got from the fridge was worth it!

1 comment:

LynnK said...

Well--here we go with crickets!!! We were actually plagued with the critters for more than a short time. We tried every way to rid them but to no avail. Finally, I bought some sticky board (about 4"x8") cut them in half and placed a section in the garage where we would not step on it. We began to catch enough crickets for a meal. And after about six months we may have nipped the mother queen and papa king. We see no more crickets. (And we had about the same experience at school last year.) Of course you buy the sticky board at Wal+Mart!!!