Thursday, August 28, 2008

Unusual Question

Carol and I had a rather interesting question posed to us yesterday. We had an annual test, and the lady administering the test asked, "Do you have any great-grandchildren?" Never having had to entertain such a question -- and still nurturing the fading idea that I am still "not very old" -- I kind of paused with a glazed look. Great-grandchildren? My word!! No, I told her, smiling. That was a first for me, the question, that is. But there are worse things than that, I guess. One never knows what a day will bring. I was kind of "beat," as they used to say. I guess I will treasure great-grandchildren as much as our ten grandchildren, and those two still in the oven. Our eldest grandchild is ten years old, so very likely it will be several years until the g-g-children arrive.

Best wishes to all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A few weeks ago a friend of mine and I were asked we wanted a "senior" drink at Taco Bell. We were both stunned by that and that it was from someone obviously older than we are.

Staci said...

I've been going to the doctor for migraines and he asked me how long I've been getting them. I told him since I was 10 years old. He then said "oh so about 10 years" and winked at me! I couldn't believe he was trying to make me feel younger! It made me feel very old and I'm only 27!

Ann said...

Just to reassure you - No, you don't look old enough to be a g-g-parent! :-)

Shelley S said...

You could've told them that you don't have any great-grandchildren, but you are a great-great uncle. That wouldn't make you feel any younger though.