Monday, June 16, 2008

IT'S OFFICIAL

Well, I'm sorry to say, that I am now officially OLD! I just received my Medicare Card so I'll just have to give in and "suck it up". However, I want you to know that, in spite of this development, I do not intend to "act my age" - but I do, on the other hand, expect all of you to treat me with my "due respect". So there you are!

This has, of course, been a while in-the-making, with letters to read and forms to fill out -- all of which left me quite confused and befuddled (probably because I'm old), but apparently I've done it correctly because now I have my card. I know you are all thinking as you read this, "she's losing it", but Jerry has been telling me that for awhile - so there you are!

4 comments:

Shelley S said...

I figured out last summer that I am getting older too. I was at the swimming pool wearing my new Eddie Bauer "Miraclesuit" that was supposed to make me look 10 pounds lighter. The teenage lifeguard complimented me on my swimsuit and I was feeling pretty good about myself until she followed it up by saying "my Mom has the same one!" Not only did I feel 10 pounds lighter, I suddenly felt 10 years older too.

Anonymous said...

I felt old when I forgot where I parked my car at Walmart.

Anonymous said...

Ada, you are not old until you say "On my next birthday I will be.........

Your bag creations are lovely. I'm still enjoying the one you took to the sister-in-law fling at Rhoda's a couple of years ago.

See you Saturday. It's 211 from 24states at this time. Plus we've heard of several coming that are not registered. Mim

Nog Blog said...

A quote I can relate to: If I sit real still, I don't feel a day over twenty!