Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend with Whitney

I can’t say I had a real Father’s Day weekend, but I had a great Niece’s Evening. Whitney was in a wedding in my area on Saturday afternoon. I picked her up after the wedding and got to spend Saturday evening with her. We headed to Grand Haven to walk the pier along the channel out into Lake Michigan. She had a new camera from graduation, and she took some very cool shots. It was chilly and very, very windy. We got blasted a few times as the water hit the pier and washed up and sometimes over it. Walking back we were hit from behind with wind gusts of 40 mph and thought we would get rained on; however, we made it back to the car with only a few sprinkles. We didn’t stay for the http://grandhaven.org/fountain/fountainhomefrm.html—not real exciting for a 21-year old anyway!

I’ve never spent time with just Whitney so it was really nice to connect with her on a different level than ever before. She’s maturing into a wonderful young lady, and I look forward to seeing how God directs her life as she makes some major life decisions regarding work.

The only downside to the short time with her was getting up at 5:30 a.m. to get her to a 7:30 flight!

2 comments:

Ada said...

I'm sure you enjoyed your visit with Whitney. A few years ago Jerry and I spent a couple days at Saugatuk and another day at Grand Haven. We saw the fountain at night -- beautiful! I love those little shopping villages!

Anonymous said...

Whit had fun too. Thanks for your hospitality - and thanks for sending the rhubarb with her; Joey can't wait for his pie!