Tuesday, June 24, 2008

HE'S STILL GOT IT!


Last year we re-landscaped the west side of the front of our house. It's doing well with most of the perennials I planted returning this year. Last week Casey came by with his crew and dug out the overgrown bushes on the east side and removed all the white rock as well as the large river rocks that outlined the garden.
Jerry is now building a brick wall around the space and we will fill it with more flowers etc. He can bring about 40 bricks home from 'NARDS in his truck at one time and that's about enough for him to work with at one time so it works out well. This is the "in-progress" picture. I'll send another one or two when it is completed and planted.


So -- I'll have to say "my man's still got it!"

1 comment:

rk2 said...

I remember when U. Jerry made a brick patio at Grandma's "new" house. I thought it was so interesting to watch him level the ground, place the bricks, fill in with sand, and then most impressive was mixing some concret for at the bottom of the step. I thought it was amazing that he could just add lots of water and dump it at the edge of the yard when he was done and it wouldn't dry hard. I guess I was easily impressed at 7 or 8 years old!
--Rhoda