Thursday, May 29, 2008

New Home

Your Memorial Day weekend memories made me realize how unpatriotic the Day is in the South. All the activities you described commemorate those who gave their lives for our freedom. Here, the main local activity is a widely-attended hot air balloon festival that, while fun, does little to remember the meaning for the holiday. Thanks for sharing; I really enjoyed the memories.

So - spending the weekend moving sounds really unpatriotic! But that's what we did. We've bought a home about 5 miles from our last one and the process is quite a chore, but we're making progress. I spent Memorial Day setting up my kitchen and Tuesday night was able to make a strawberry pie with fresh LOCAL strawberries Mom & Dad gave us. Dad brought them by my work in the afternoon. Now we're looking forward to peaches. :) I enjoy those 2 fruits the most since I missed them all those years I was in the islands. What's your favorite?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tend to say whatever fruit is in season is my favorite. I really like fresh strawberries (totally detest frozen ones) and am looking forward to start picking them from the garden. On Memorial Day two were ripe so I got one and Renae got one.

I also love fresh peaches. Michigan peaches are a good second to AL ones.

However, I also like oranges and apples and grapes; it's too hard to narrow down to one fruit.

Anonymous said...

Blueberries!

Anonymous said...

I think when anyone says a different fruit I'm going to think, "Oh yes, I love that one too!" Since moving to Michigan I've picked blueberries each year. What's better than fresh picked blueberries???