Thursday, May 29, 2008

68 Camaro: The Latest Project




Not sure if this is of interest to anyone here, but Angela encouraged me to try a post. (My first blog post ever...believe it or not!)

As many of you know, my husband Jeremy is a huge car buff...and he's really mastering the art of restoration. Not only can he do the mechanical work, he now paints the cars right in our garage. And they turn out pretty sharp. Up until recently, he's just done projects for friends and family. But now he's branching out and has two cars that will be for sale real soon.

I'll attempt to add photos of them. One is a '68 Camaro. (Apparently it's one of about a thousand made with this certain high-performance engine/transmission combination.) I'll also post a photo from early on in the transformation. They took the car down to bare metal before they started piecing it back together. In all, they've spent about three months on it.

The orange car is a '67 Dodge Coronet.






Maybe these will bring back memories for some?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sonya: Excellent job on posting -- even with pictures! I am amazed how cars can be restored so well and Jeremy's talent will pay off well. Those Camaros are extremely valuable (and popular). And those orange "Dukes of Hazzard" Dodge muscle cars are also. Mike Bailes would be impressed, as I am!!!I can't imagine how they can get a car done in 3 months. Keep us informed on the progess in selling the Camaro.
Cleve

Ada said...

Wow! Cool cars. Reminds me of the bright red 1965 Pontiac Tempest that Jerry and I had for the first 5 years of our marrige. We've actually looked on Ebay for a "replacement", but haven't seen any. Good to have you posting, Sonya.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Jeremy could restore an old Tempest for mom and dad! :) I'd love to see them in that!

Ann said...

Mike's coming off of night shift, so his comments are a little limited right now--but he really liked the pictures of the cars. He loves that kind of thing also. And that was a great first post! I don't think I got pictures down for quite awhile after getting into this (addicting) pastime.