Saturday, March 1, 2008

Updates & New Posters

Jake Knobloch and Miriam Klopfenstein have recently requested blogging invitations, which have both been sent, and it will be good to have their contributions also.

Activity slowed somewhat this week. The ebb and flow of bloglife is to be expected. I myself was only able to check the activity level occasionally this week, much less take the time to post.

An update on Uncle Perry's convalescence would be appreciated!

I understand that the situation with Uncle Ralph continues to evolve. Working on my own dad's memoir with him brought back fond memories of reading Uncle Ralph's several years ago. He certainly has led a long and honorable life, and his accomplishments and dedication to worthy causes have been amazing.

I remember as a newlywed living in the little town of Prosperity, SC, in 1986--during Uncle Ralph's tenure in government--listening to the AP newswire one day when something about agriculture was in the news. What a pleasant and fun surprise to hear his name as he was quoted on some statistic! I remember yelling for Mike to come quickly--that was my Uncle Ralph on the radio!

No comments: