Saturday, March 1, 2008

Joining the ranks of the Klop runners

In the fine tradition of Grandpa Ralph, Uncle Perry, Cousin Angela and others, Brett & I have decided to train for a half marathon. We will be running in the San Diego Rock & Roll marathon on June 1. As of today, I have run 31.5 miles total with a longest distance of 4.5 miles. Brett has run 41.75 miles with a top distance of 5.5 miles.

To help with our training we joined Team in Training, a fundraiser for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. We sent out letters to aunts/uncles and cousins, but if any extended family members are inclined to donate or would like to keep track of our progress, you can visit our website at http://www.active.com/donate/tntil/tntilBHeinig
If you'd rather use snail mail, e-mail me at bjheiniger at verizon dot net and I'll send you our address.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen, I'm a bit late in responding but am so impressed that you and your husband are doing this!