Monday, March 3, 2008

Update

Just want to keep everyone updated on Dad. He appears to be comatose today, 101.5 fever, yet appears to be peaceful and pain-free, for which we are thankful. Bob Pfledderer came today and had a nice visit with Mom and then read Scripture and prayed very close to Dad. We saw no response, but believe it's very possible that he does hear us. So we are on a wait and watch mode, knowing it could be a day, days, or even a couple of weeks. I will keep you all posted.

Love,
Judy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Praying for him and your family. I had a nice, 3-page letter from your mom this weekend. She sounded like her usual easy-going self but I'm sure there are lots of emotions involved for all. Mary

Anonymous said...

Same here in Michigan--I'm praying for him and your family.

The story I remember from Uncle Ralph's book was his being in a cafeteria line during a job interview and his trying to decide if he should pick up a penny off the floor. Would it make him look cheap to do so or would it make him look as if every detail was important? I usually think of that when I see a penny on the ground.

It was also interesting this summer when I was in DC and walking past the Agriculture Dept. buildings to think of Uncle Ralph going to work there.