Sunday, November 30, 2014

Jim Klopfenstein's passing

I'm not sure if you've caught word of this... but Jeremy noticed Jim Klopfenstein's obituary in the Peoria Journal Star and called my attention to it. Here is the link: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/pjstar/obituary.aspx?n=james-klopfenstein&pid=173303870&fhid=17649

First Federated Church in Peoria, where a funeral service will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 2, 2014, with the Rev. Dr. Forrest Krummel Jr. officiating. Visitations will be from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 30, and from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday, Dec. 1, both at Ludwig Mortuary in Morton. Burial will be in Hirstein Cemetery in Morton

My dad and I attended the Klopfenstein reunion at Jerry Klopfenstein's house in Morton over the summer, and Jim was there for a while. He called me over at one point, asked who I was, and asked me to pass word to Gloria that he said hello. I don't believe I had an opportunity to pass that along to her yet...

2 comments:

Ada said...

We just got home from his visitation in Morton. There was quite a crowd there including his children and their spouces, his brothers and sister, and many other people I didn't know. Keith and Alice went with us and then we went out for dinner.

Perry said...

Perry and I were there earlier and then ate at Busy Corner in Goodfield. ---Carol