Saturday, October 18, 2014

Just a new post!!

It is a cloudy, cool day in Central Illinois and so Ada and I took a drive just to ward off being bored,  to Starve Rock State park.   It must have been the thing to do, because we were there along with 10,000 other people.    All of us stood, admired, and took pictures of the gorgeous colors on the trees.   There were truly some beautiful trees.   If I still can do this, there will be a picture of Ada leaning against one of the trees with the Illinois River in the background.   I never have much luck posting multiple pictures, but I am also going to include a picture of Drake and Jason.   Kelsie was in Illinois for a wedding of a class mate from U-High and spent some time in Chicago on her way.  Drake, Jason, and Janice met her for lunch in Chicago.   I thought this was a good picture of the boys,  so I  included it!

7 comments:

clevekath said...

Both pictures are great. I'm sure Ada mentioned at some point in the day that her parents & family enjoyed going to Starved Rock. My first trip there was with Grandma and Grandpa K at about age 9 for a picnic. Did you climb the steps to the top?

rk2 said...

Two good pictures. Today was a high of 80 with lots of sun. Now that mid-October is here we finally can do some outside activities. No real fall colors here!

LynnK said...

All I can cry is: More! More!

Perry said...

Nice post! Nice to see the boys once again. ---Carol

Nog Blog said...

That is one big tree! One good-looking wife! And two good-looking sons!

clevekath said...

Apparently you did not climb the steps to the top (:

Unknown said...

You are correct Cleve!! Way too old for that. We are in our 70's and clearly know our limitations!