Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Houston, We Have a Problem!


Yesterday Phoebe (Jake and Malissa's) had this big cast put on her little leg. She was "attacked" by some table leaves that fell on her and she wouldn't put weight on that leg. It was a hairline fracture, but she is fitted with this non-weight-bearing cast for 6 weeks! Poor honey! I believe she has a sucker in her mouth here and is taking it all pretty well.

Add-on:
I had Phoebe today while Malissa was in school (massage therapy) and she was adapting to that cast with no problem. A friend stopped over and brought her little dog in and Phoebe was thrilled with it! I took a couple of pictures and after the dog was gone, I carried Phoebe into the office to print off the pictures for her. I got it done and I took the pictures into the living room where I was going to cut them to size for her. I said, "Come on, Phoebe, we're going to cut the pictures out." She didn't come, so I said again, "Come here, Phoebe, let's get these pictures ready and you can take them home with you." Pretty soon I heard a little voice, "I can't walk..."

Oh yeah. I forgot.




5 comments:

Ann said...

Hairline fractures can be very painful!! But suckers can cure anything. Hope she feels better soon.

Ada said...

She's such a little cutie. Hope it heals well and quickly.

rk2 said...

Bless her heart!!! That's some cast, but at least it is pink.

Your stories make me laugh.

Nog Blog said...

Ann, I don't know why there is that big space at the bottom. I saw there was another recent post the same way. I went in to edit it, but can't fix it. Maybe you can.

Ann said...

I've noticed that sometimes but haven't wanted people to think I was tampering with their posts. . .

There is any easy fix. Using arrows, find out the lowest point your cursor will go. Then start deleting lines. It should take care of the problem.

Your forgetting that Phoebe can't walk sounds exactly like something I would do. What happens to our mental state at a certain point?!!! :-)